How to Create a WordPress Website in Version 5.6?
The most anticipated v5.6 of WordPress has, at last, been released on December 8th! And, it is safe to say that the procedure of creating a WordPress website has become even more straightforward.
So, do you really want to know how to build a WordPress website without making any grave mistakes? Then, be sure to keep reading until the end!
Creating a WordPress Website
The process of building up a website on WordPress 5.6 from scratch usually involves seven steps. So, without making any further ado, let’s jump right into them!
- Step 1 – Obtain a Proper Domain Name
Before getting into the modus operandi of forming a WordPress website, you will need to get a domain name first. It is quite simple and straightforward, to be honest. For doing so, you will need to find a domain registrar and get a suitable address for your business.
Now, while shuffling through the options, you can find four different types of domain names. These are –
- .Com: The domain .com is considered to be the safest bet available out there. It can go well with almost any industry, so we’d definitely recommend it!
- .Net: It has better availability than .com. However, this particular domain is mostly associated with the WordPress website of a tech company.
- .Co: The domain name of .Co can be an excellent option for start-ups. It has a lower cost than others and is easier to get, as well.
- .Org: Last yet not least, if you are considering opening an NGO website, then .Org would be suitable for you.
Additionally, you can go for the domain extension (such as, .In, .Co.Uk, etc.) of your country as well. While choosing a domain designation, you will need to make sure that it is closer to your organization’s name. Moreover, it needs to be shorter and easier to remember, as well.
- Step 2 – Get a Hosting Provider
The second step of creating a website on WordPress Version 5.6 is all about finding a hosting provider. However, before doing so, you will need to consider a few crucial aspects. As you are working on v5.6, your WordPress host will need to have the following –
- A PHP version 7.5 or better (recommendation – 8.0)
- An exclusive HTTPS support, and,
- MariaDB version 10.0 (at minimum) or, MySQL v5.6 or higher
If you have a start-up organization, then a shared hosting plan will be better for you. Once your web traffic starts inflating, you can upgrade it quickly to have your own website host.
- Step 3 – Install WordPress or, Update It to v5.6
There are several website hosting provides out there who can provide you with one-click installation for WordPress Web Development. Nonetheless, if you are really unlucky in this aspect, then you will have to install it manually. Here is how you can do so.
- Go to the official website of WordPress.
- Download the extension from there on your computer or laptop and extract it.
- Now, you will need to re-upload it to your hosting provider.
- Install it. The process will finish within a few minutes!
Be sure to check out a proper WordPress for beginners installation guide, if you are still unsure about it.
- Step 4 – Select and Implement a Theme
Customization is the key to creating a website on WordPress PHP 5.6. And, you should always pave the path of your endeavor by implementing a theme on it. But what is it really? Well, a theme, in essence, is a type of plugin, which works like a template for your website.
It can make your site look different than others and add more functionality to it!
There is a huge set of themes available on the WordPress platform. You can also get a brand new theme, “Twenty Twenty-One”, in the recent update.
You can follow the below-mentioned WordPress tutorial for theme installation to install it.
- Log in to the dashboard of your website on WordPress.
- Hover over the option of “Appearance” and click on “Themes”. It will open a brand new window on your display and show you the wide array of options.
- Click on “Add New”. It will be available on top of the window. Now, you will need to shuffle through the options and demo them.
- After finding the perfect one, you can click on the “Install” button under it. After downloading the same, you can activate it to implement it on your site.
However, you can also use a premium theme to build your WordPress core in your own way. Here is how you can do it!
- Download the .zip folder of your favorite theme on the computer.
- Log in to the dashboard of your WordPress Website.
- Now, you will need to go to “Appearance” again and click on the “Themes” section. Tap on “Add New” after getting into the new window.
- Click on “Upload Theme” and redirect to the location where you had downloaded the theme. Select the desired one and upload it. The whole procedure might be a bit time-consuming.
- Step 5 – Start Adding Content on the Site
So, as you have installed the WordPress theme, now, you will need to add content to it. You will have to work on two primary aspects in this context. These are –
- Page: The pages on your site will be static. So, if you want to make your WordPress website design look well-furnished, then you will have to edit them. The first place where you will need to add content is the home page. It will contain all the crucial aspects of your organization, such as a highlight of your services, product listing, etc. There should be a navigation bar available here as well. It will help the consumer in finding whatever they are looking for.
- Posts: After you have prepared your pages aptly, you will need to add some blog posts on them as well. Use some niche keywords on it as well to increase your web traffic prominently.
- Step 6 – Start Customizing Your Website
The website is probably already looking like one of your own. So, why don’t you customize it a little bit and make it appear even better and idiosyncratic? The following WordPress Website Development and customization tips can help you out in this aspect.
- Alternate the title of the website (preferably the name of your company) and add a tagline to it.
- Set up a homepage and add a navigational menu on it for user convenience.
- Include a “Comments” sub-section on the “Post” section of your site.
- Step 7 – Use Plugins
The last step of our guide to “how to create a WordPress website for beginners” is all about adding plugins. These components of WordPress almost work like an app on your smartphone.
For example, you can integrate WooCommerce on your site to enable e-commerce abilities on it. Thus, the overall functionality of the same will increase massively.
So, now, it’s time for us to wrap everything up. Hopefully, our free WordPress tutorial can help you in your endeavor.
However, if you still cannot create a website, then you can opt for a WordPress development company, like us.
With our unparalleled expertise and know-how in this field, we can prepare everything for you. Be sure to give us a call or drop us a mail to get connected with us today!